Friday, September 10, 2010

Squeezing me out?

These little stinkers that I have put so much time into over the past 4+ years are becoming good buddies and squeezing me out lately! I mostly notice it when we are walking somewhere that requires me to hold Ellen's hand. She says, "NO!" and then runs over to grab Lucas's hand. I have tried to take her other hand so that we are all three connected, so now she puts her other hand flat against her chest so that I can't hold it! Other times are when they are playing or eating together and choose to do it alone.

I'm really very happy about this and how they are growing into such independent little creatures, but I'll admit that there is a tiny pinch of pain in my heart when they surprise me with moments like this. I'm sure it's only the beginning...

No comments: