Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Five Month Appointment

We had our 5 month appoinment with our midwife this morning. Aside from waiting for 45 min to be seen for a 5 min appointment, it went well.

The little guy is measuring at 23 wks, which is just a few days ahead of where we think I am. He continues to measure a little bigger than we expect, so that means we should expect him early, but I still feel like he'll be a few days late. The "due date" is April 9th, which is Master's Sunday, so at least we'll have something interesting to watch if he's not here. (Someone suggested naming him after the winner of the Master's, but Tiger or Vijay don't go well with Schroeder). His little heartbeat is down to 144, which Mary Charles said was normal. I guess he's not growing as fast as he did in the 1st trimester, so the rate slows down.

They gave me the "juice" to drink before our next appointment so that they can test for gestational diabetes. Jeff also got his blood drawn to see if it is positive or negative. If it's negative then I won't have to get a Rhogam shot next time, but only 15 % of the population is negative, so chances are he's positive.

I've put on 14 lbs since our first appointment. Even though I know I will gain 25-35 lbs, it is still weird to see those #s on the scale keep going up!

No comments: