Tuesday, December 20, 2005

O+

It turns out that Jeff is in pretty good shape if he ever needs a blood transfusion. We found out yesterday that he is O+, along with about 37% of the human population. O+ is the most common blood type, so Jeff can give blood to 85% of the population (O+, A+, B+, and AB+) and receive blood from 43% of the population (O+ and O-).

The odds were that he'd be positive, so we weren't surprised. This means that at our appointment on January 7th I'll have blood drawn to see if I have any of the RH antibodies. If I don't, which I should not, then I'll get the Rhogam shot at wk28. This will ensure that my body's negative blood cells don't attack the baby's positive blood cells, if he's positive like his dad.

On a lighter note, Baby Schrades is getting bigger. We can now consistently feel where he's located in my belly. I hope he doesn't mind us poking him.

No comments: