Thursday, February 07, 2008

Gummy Bears

When Lucas had a cold a couple of months ago I bought some medicated gummy bears, which were a huge hit. When those were gone I found some fruit juice sweetened ones that we now use as an incentive for him to get his diaper changed. Lucas calls them "babies". At first I thought it was just some strange way that he pronounced gummy bears, but this morning he was moving his arms back and forth like crazy and I realized that he was showing me the sign for baby, which is holding your arms like you are rocking a baby. As he was moving his arms he was saying, "baby, beebee, baby, beebee" and pointing to the cabinet. I reminded him that those are treats for when he gets his diaper changed and turned around and sprinted to the bathroom. I went to see what he was doing and he was laying on his back on the changing pad with his feet in the air. Nice!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Little Stinker!

aiyana's mom said...

his sign language teacher would be proud! are you still enjoying the "Pick Me Up" cd? i hope you're all doing well. i love peeking in to see how lucas has grown! aiyana just turned 4 months, and i was thinking that this is how old lucas was when we first met!