Thursday, February 21, 2008

Virus

Our little Lucas woke up on Wednesday morning with a fever of 102.8. I knew the night before that something was up. He asked to go to bed at 7:30, nearly 2 hours early, and then slept until 7:00 the next morning. He usually only sleeps 9-10 hours. When I felt him I knew immediately that he was sick. After snuggling and nursing in mama and dada's bed for about an hour he asked for some juice and started crying very sadly when I told him we were out. Then he asked for water and gulped it down with a big "ahhhhh" afterwards. As I was on the phone with Kate telling her not to come over Lucas threw up for the first time in his life. It wasn't as bad as I imagined it would be. He just opened his mouth and fluid came out. He looked confused, but just asked to nurse when it was over. I scooped him up and we snuggled in the bed for a couple of hours. He was too uncomfortable to sleep, but he nursed and snuggled the whole time. For the rest of the day we were either watching Nemo or snuggling in the bed. He literally didn't want to leave my arms all day and he wanted to nurse non-stop. He got very sad when I had to take a break to use the bathroom for 1 min. He finally fell asleep around 3pm and when he woke up at 5:30 he was completely better. He hopped out of bed and was acting very silly. This morning he has been acting very goofy too. I guess he has lots of energy built up after resting so much yesterday.

I thought it would be the end of the world if he got sick this season. Sometimes I feel like that next straw will definitely break the camel's back, but it was actually a wonderful day. Lucas and I got to spend all day snuggling. I was able to be there for him and he reminded me of how great it feels to slow down and rest. I'm so glad that I was able to spend so much time with him. I know my days of him spending so much time in my arms are numbered!

2 comments:

Meg Boyd said...

Feel Better Lucas!

Jennifer said...

Maybe he just knew that you needed a rest!
Hope you feel better dude...Ty