Tuesday, November 18, 2008

1 Month Old!

Our sweet little Ellen Claire is 1 month old today (11/18). She continues to have a sweet, gentle spirit and is so easy to love. I think the love that I have for her is extra special because it was such a surprise. I knew that I'd love my first child like crazy, but didn't know how I'd possibly love any other child as much as Lucas. Love is magical because it just multiplies! Ellen must get a thousand kisses a day from me and I cherish the times when it's just the two of us and I can gaze into her eyes. Kind of mushy, but she's just that sweet.
Here are a few 1 month old stats for Ellen...
- sleeps in her crib for 4-6 hours a night and then in our bed between Jeff and me.
- doesn't take a pacifier or a bottle (although we are trying each day).
- only cries when she wants to be changed, held or is hungry.
- loves her changing table and can stay there for 20 min just looking around the room.
- also likes her bouncy seat and swing (thanks ele!)
- has fallen asleep in the carrier against my chest every time I've put her in it.
- sleeps on her back.
- still has a wobbly head.
- has coo'd a couple of times.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I can't believe she's a whole month old already! Sweet girl...

I owe you an email! Tomorrow - we've had guests for a week straight!

Meg Boyd said...

She is adroable! I can't believe it has been a month.