Friday, November 14, 2008

Outings

I thought that we would keep LB out of school the first few weeks after Ellen's birth since we'd have family in town, but we actually ended up taking him to school most of these days because home was so boring, I was recovering, etc. Now that a few weeks have passed I'm looking forward to keeping him home a couple days a week for outings. This week was kind of a trial run to see if I could handle it because Grandpa was here to help out. We went to Pullen Park and had a great time. I think I could have done it alone. The next day, however, I timed it poorly and we were out too close to Lucas's nap. He had a melt down and I could NOT have handled that alone. Next week I'll have to plan things more carefully...

Here we are at the park...

Lucas and Grandpa on the horsey.


Ellen and me posing for her first train ride.
(Can you tell that getting less sleep is starting to wear on me??!)

Me with the two kiddos.

1 comment:

Meg Boyd said...

Shanna- you look great and your family is adorable. It was great to chat with you this morning.