Monday, November 10, 2008

Ellen's 3rd Week

EC, as her dada calls her, is still a really mild tempered baby, but she did become a little more vocal in her 3rd week. I think my mom was here a full day before she heard her cry at all, but in the days following she had a few fussy periods in which she demanded to be held (but was fine if we held her). I told the doc at her checkup last week that my only concern is that she is too good of a baby. He quickly knocked on wood for me : ) I am praying to the baby gods that her laid-backness doesn't change. My friend has a theory that her baby is calm because he wouldn't have survived in her house if he had been high needs and that Lucas is so intense because I have patience and can deal with it. So maybe that is theory is true with Ellen too... I am tapped out on patience and so she has to be calm or her mama will freak out. I should note that I think I have a little bit to do with their temperaments. I was never a nervous nelly with Lucas, but I was a lot more on edge and I'm sure that he sensed it. With Ellen I am so much more relaxed about everything, which gives me more time to just sit and enjoy her. Who wouldn't enjoy this cute little thing? I just want to eat her up when she's all cozy in her girly blankets!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet snuggly baby. She is so precious Shanna.
Caroline Chambers

Wendy said...

She is just beautiful Shanna - congrats to you all. And I'm so glad to hear that she's doing so well!