Monday, August 17, 2009

Things the kid is saying...

Lucas seriously makes us laugh several times a day with the cute, funny, sweet, serious and smart things that he says. And when we're not laughing we are looking at each other with looks that say, "Did you hear what he just said?!" This age is so much fun because we are getting to hear all about what Lucas thinks about the world. Here is a taste...

"Shera mit keek" - what he said one day when I asked him the name of one of the characters in his made up game. He makes up a lot of words lately and then dies laughing at how funny he thinks he is.

"Trees on my head." - similar to the line above, he is really into being silly. I was playing with him and told him that I like to wear a silly hat on my head and he responded by saying that he likes to wear trees on his head... and then the t.v., flowers, ellen, etc... naming all of the things that he could see. After each one liner he would open his mouth wide, let out a laugh and throw his head back to make his laugh look even bigger. I would do the same thing. Now we do it every day and he loves it.

"I not growed up. I still small, see?" - This one kind of breaks your heart a little bit every time he says it. We remind him that he's a big boy sometimes and last week he responded with this comment as he put his hand up to his head to show us how small he still is.

"We saw the microphone. M-m-microphone." - He probably didn't say it this clearly, but this is what I heard coming from the back seat after school a couple of weeks ago. He and Ellen were back there and I'd just picked him up from school. I responded by asking him if that is what he worked on at school that day. He firmly replied, "Mommy, I talking to Ahllen!" Ha! Since then that has happened a few more times. They are already forming their own little relationship and telling us to mind our own business! Ellen loves it, of course. We hear giggles coming from her all the time as he talks to her (and throws stuffed animals at her).

"I want to watch the TVD." - he calls the tv this even if it is on the normal channel. I remember that Kristen told me that she was sad when Sophie stopped calling the cream cheese the cheese butter. I didn't correct him when he said this because I like it that there is still a little baby left in him that gets words wrong.

"I'm not in timeout, I'm just sitting here." - little stinker always has to get the last word. He has never sat in timeout for us, but recently did it. We were on the porch and he was playing with the water hose. I don't even remember what he did, but I told him that he needed to sit on the rocking chair for a few minutes to calm down and think about it. He wouldn't have done it, but I had leverage because I turned off the hose and took off the nozzle so that he couldn't turn it back on. So after a few minutes he pranced over and sat in the rocking chair. I tried to act casual and not show how I surprised I was that he actually did it. And then I hear, "I not in timeout Mommy... I just sitting here." Oh well, we made a little progress!

No comments: