Friday, November 04, 2005

Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job

Well, only 4 weeks into my blogging career and I can't think of a good topic to discuss. Actually, I have several good topics, but I ran them by Shanna and she reminded me to consider my audience. Good point. Therefore, I'm going to the mailbag to answer some questions from my readers. Here it goes:

Q: Did you find anything at the IKEA store in Atlanta for Baby Schrades last weekend?
-- M. Sorgen, Duluth, GA


JS: No, and hopefully I will never have to go to IKEA again. Cool furniture for low prices? Yes. Set up like a maze that ensures you have to walk the entire store to find what you are looking for? Yes. Parents letting their kids run around like it's Chucky Cheese? Check. Smells like cinnamon buns? Roger that. Worse than Wal-Mart? Possibly. Overrated? Definitely.

Q: If Samuel Alito is elected to the Supreme Court and the court, in turn, lifts the ban on fully automatic machine gun ownership, are you going to get Baby Schrades an Uzi?
-- J. Harris, Tulsa, OK


JS: Hell yeah. But not before I get myself a couple. You never know when you might need that kind of fire power.

Q: Almost 18 weeks in... are you excited?
-- P. MacDonald, Raleigh, NC


JS: Shanna is really starting to show, so it's sinking in more and more each day. I haven't been able to feel the baby yet, but I hear that will be possible very soon. Shanna says she can feel him already. It hasn't fully hit home, but, yes, I'm excited.

Q: Do you think Baby Schrades will have a fro like yours?
-- G. Money, Portland, ME


JS: If he's lucky.

Q: What's on tap this weekend for you, Shanna, and Baby Schrades?
-- R. Jones, Tampa, FL

JS: No big plans really. Shanna's mom is in town and I think we are just going to chill. I'm playing golf tomorrow morning and will watch the GT - Wake Forest game at 1:30 pm. I also want to see the movie Jarhead if possible. And, if nothing else, we have Discs 1 and 2 of Arrested Development: Season 1 from Netflix. This show is hilarious. I should have rented it sooner.

Until next time...

No comments: