Thursday, November 17, 2005

Miscellaneous Stuff

Movement
I can feel Baby Schrades moving around a lot. It's not really predictable, so I'm always nicely surprised when I feel a little tickle or thump. Sometimes it feels like he's doing flips, or swimming laps from side to side . Well, he's 8.5 inches long, so maybe that wouldn't be possible. It's hard to believe he's that long and we don't see his movement from the outside of my belly, but I think that comes in the next few weeks. Jeff has tried to feel him a few times, but he never performs on cue.

Bella Band
The Bella Band is still going strong. I wear it nearly everyday and think it's some of the best money I've ever spent (only $25). For the 2 pairs of pants that I can still button, I still wear the band because my belly pokes out and my shirts don't cover it completely.

Leg Cramps
Got another one last night, but wasn't as bad as the first.

Exercise
I'm doing pilates on Wed nights and love it. There are a few poses that I can't do, but not much. They say that it will tone my stomach and lower back muscles to make labor and post labor recovery easier. I hope so. I want to do more yoga for relaxation techniques, but every morning and evening I put it off by another 12 hours ("Oh, it's too cold and I'm still tired so I'll do it after work" or "I just ate dinner and should really start the day off right tomorrow by doing yoga..I'll start then"...etc)

Doula
We're still on the fence on whether or not to get a doula. If Jeff and I could get through it on our own without getting too stressed out then I'd rather it just be the two of us. I'm just afraid that the pain will be a surprise and will scare us. We start a 12wk class in Jan, so I think we'll be able to make a better decision then.

Nursery
This has been all consuming for me this week. I started thinking about colors last Saturday and can hardly go one hour without searching for pattern or style ideas online. I change my mind every other day on what the colors should be, but it's fun to think about. Poor Jeff is being a good sport by listening and acting interested when I tell him of my new ideas every night.

No comments: