Monday, January 16, 2006

Babies R Us

Jeff and I made our first trip together to Babies R Us yesterday. We were looking forward to looking at stuff for the baby, but not to going into that store. The store is nice, but it's not the kind of place where you run in to get something, in most cases, so you usually have people standing (blocking) every isle as they gaze at the shelves with a blank look on their face. I'm sure we even looked like that yesterday.

We had a great tip from a friend to start our registry on-line and then just go to the store for updates. I spent time at home going through the checklist of "New Moms Must-Haves" - provided by Babies R Us, of course - and comparing items on-line. Luckily we have a lot of friends with babies, so a lot of the stuff looked familiar. We got to the store right after they opened, got a quick tutorial on how to use the "registry gun", and then spent 55 minutes (we were proud to do it in under an hour) going through the store making sure we knew what all the stuff was and what it's purpose is for our little guy.

I do have to give Babies R Us credit for how organized they have everything. The list and the map (yes, a map) that they gave us was really helpful.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

What happend to Jeff on Friday? already falling behind!

Anonymous said...

Yes,I was wondering the same
thing.
Sandy

Meg Boyd said...

I wish I had the idea for a Babies r' US I would be a very rich lady! Everytime I go in there it is a mob scene.....and everytime I go in there I buy something.