Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Checkup - Week 27

Today we had our wk 27 appointment with Mary Charles. Baby Schrades is measuring in at an average little baby size. My belly measured 27 cm and his h/b was 140 (avg range is 120-160 at this point). Mommy has gained 5 lbs since our last appointment, for a total of 19 so far.

Mary Charles said that he is head down this morning, but that doesn't mean he'll stay that way. If you're looking at my belly, his head is very low on the left side and he is facing towards the center of my body. His back is up against the left side of my belly and his little bottom is sticking up under my right rib cage (left if you're looking at me). His legs kind of go across my belly, so I feel his kicks on my left side (right if you're looking at me).

In addition to the usual checkup, I had to do the one hour glucose test. This just entailed drinking 10 oz of red "sugar water", which tasted like cherry kool-aid. Wasn't bad. One hour after drinking this they took blood samples. They took one extra vile to test for whether or not I have the RH antibodies. The results should be in by Friday.

I hope I'm not diabetic because it would be hard to avoid sugar. The instructions for the glucose test today were to avoid concentrated sugars for 24 hrs prior to the test, so I didn't have OJ, yogurt, or fruit yesterday (or cookies). It was hard to find snacks that didn't have sugar.

Next checkup is in 3 weeks....

No comments: