Wednesday, March 08, 2006

35.5 Weeks Checkup

We had an appointment with the midwives late this afternoon. We continue to be so happy with the new practice. Everyone from the receptionist to the midwives are very friendly. We had to see Jill again today because we rescheduled our appointment to a day when only she was there. She did the standard drill...measured my belly, took my blood pressure (114/78), and listened to the baby's h/b. He was in the same "ready to go" position today (head down, anterior.)

After she did all of that she asked us if we had any questions about how to know when it's ready to call them or go to the hospital. We were both a little caught off guard because it doesn't feel like we're that far along to ask us that, but I guess we are...

We asked her if during labor Jeff and I will be in the room by ourselves, and if it was correct that she and the nurses would only occasionally come in to check on us. She said that that is usually how it works, but then she said to remember that I would have my "Bradley trained coach" there to guide us through the labor. Of course she was referring to Jeff. I appreciated her having so much confidence in him.

We now start going every week! Next week we meet Stephanie.

No comments: