Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Keeper of The Tree

Lucas is making this holiday season so much fun for me. I didn't think he'd be old enough, but he is really into Frosty, Santa, Christmas lights, and presents. When we are driving down the road we pass many Frostys, Santas and lights. When we pass Frosty Lucas says "me-me!", when we pass Santa he says "ho-ho-ho", and when we pass lights he says "wow, cool!". And as far as presents, yesterday I wrapped all of the stuff for people that we won't see this year and put them under the tree. Lucas ran over to the gifts, grabbed the biggest one, and started pulling at the paper as he said, "wow, cool". I really wanted to give him a present to open right then, but Jeff talked me into waiting.

Each morning when Lucas wakes up the first thing he does is run and turn on the tree. This morning I was kind of in a grumpy mood because I had to be at work early and didn't sleep well because of that. It was 7am and I was about to walk out the door when I heard some rustling around in Lucas's room. All of a sudden his door flew open and he came running out into the family room saying, "wow, cool. wow, cool. wow, cool." as he ran toward the tree to turn it on. Like magic, I wasn't in a grumpy mood anymore! As I left for work Lucas was sitting in Jeff's lap and The Wiggles were just coming on - Lucas's new favorite show.

1 comment:

etodd said...

LUke,
hey its your cousin erika!! just wanted to say hi and hopefully you will get this before i meet you for the first time. i know that you will for sure like me. im super cool. and if you really want to you can tell your mom and dad that but im sure they already know..ps im the one who will let you drink soda and stay up late playing video games..shhh dont tell them that thought:) anyways i look forward to every minute with you. ps remember im super cool so dont run away from me or be shy when i see you on monday..pps its our first xmas together!!!
love you lucas!!
erika