Friday, December 28, 2007

Potty Training

We have unintentionally started the potty training process. A few months ago we showed Lucas the sign for "bathroom" and he started telling us when he needed a diaper change by using the sign. He wouldn't do it every time and we didn't rely on it at all. I guess a few weeks ago he started saying "pee-pee" when he went #2 and would show us the sign at the same time. He was such a spaz when we changed his diaper that I tried to make it more fun by telling him that we needed to say bye-bye to his pee-pee and his poop. We would take off his diaper by the toilet, empty the contents, and wave bye-bye as we flushed the toilet. He caught on quickly... now when he goes #2 he runs into the bathroom as he says "pee-pee" and wiggles his fist back and forth.

We have a potty sitting beside the toilet, but he really hasn't shown much interest in it. I'm thinking of switching back to cloth diapers since we're dumping it in the toilet anyway. I just cringe every time I carry that huge pack of diapers to the checkout counter at Target.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

We have sorts started too. I think it is going to be really difficult. Ty gets the main idea, but he has no idea what a toilet is. I really hope that what they say about boys being easier is true!

Shanna from BabySchrades said...

I thought they said boys were harder : )