Thursday, December 27, 2007

Merry Christmas!

We had a very nice and relaxing Christmas Day. We got up around 7am, a little before Lucas woke up. Sandy and I were having coffee on the couch when we heard Da-Daaaaa coming from Lucas's room. They setup the video camera while I got him up and moving. Every morning he runs out of his room and exclaims wowwwwww! when he sees the tree. I was looking forward to getting that on video Christmas morning, but I think he was a little shy since we were all watching him. After a few minutes he got the hang of it and enjoyed opening a few gifts. The only thing that he seemed to get really excited about was Tyson's new bed, but since then he seems to like all of his gifts - which included a bean bag chair, plasma car, broom, truck, wallet, books, flute, a horse puppet, and his first Abercrombie shirt (from erika). I think that's it... he's a lucky boy.
After gifts SaSa made biscuits and we had bacon, eggs, pastries, coffee and OJ along with them. We were sad that SaSa had to leave as Lucas was going down for his nap. The lazy bug must have bitten Jeff, Erika and me because we just napped and layed around all afternoon. It was the most I had relaxed since before Lucas was born... a great Christmas gift to myself. Luckily Lucas cooperated and slept most of the afternoon.
We had such a good time with SaSa and Erika in town! We're so glad that we got to spend Christmas in our new home with family. I did miss seeing my parents, sister, brother, and their families, but it turned out that they all had a great Christmas too, so it worked out.
Santa came! Waiting on Lucas to wake up...

Helping to open gifts.

Still helping...

Showing DaDa his new horse puppet.

No comments: