Friday, December 07, 2007

Lucas's First Friends

Lucas is very lucky to have so many friends his age. Naomi was the very first friend that he met after being born. She was born just 8 hours after him in the same hospital, so we were able to introduce them on their very first day here on Earth. The next friend that he met was Charles, who came over with his mommy and daddy when Lucas was just 3 days old. Just a couple of weeks later he met Christopher, Nora, and Blane.
Now Lucas can repeat just about any word we ask him too. You can't always understand it, but you can tell he is trying. Before he was that good at it, when he only could say a few words, he started saying Charles's name. It sounds like "choz". We would ask him, and still do, to say his other friend's names and he makes a great effort, but Charles is still the clearest. When we ask him to say Christopher he just looks confused : ). Now, to tie to the pictures below, Naomi came over last week. Naomi refers to herself as "me-me", so now Lucas does too. She left her stuffed horse at our house that day and Lucas kept saying "me-me, neighhhh".
So, Lucas, when you read this in 20 years I thought it would be neat for you to know who you met in your first days and which names you said first.


Lucas and Naomi

2 comments:

Frances Katrin said...

I just read you comment on my blog! I'm glad you can identify... it is always nice to have company in such situations. I don't know how you work from home. I can't concentrate.... when Katrin used to be at Kiddie Academy, I would just watch her on the webcam all day... Hardly productive, although it made pumping a lot easier.

I wouldn't worry about flu season so much... they have to get sick eventually. At least while you are nursing, you know he gets your antibodies and most sicknesses will be shortened or avoided all together.

Jennifer said...

Shan - I love this picture of Lucas. He is really starting to look like his Dad! This picture also reminds me of a picture of Ty with Emily - so cute!