Saturday, December 01, 2007

Reconnect with Spouse Evening

Jon Stewart said that one time and I liked it. Jeff and I had a sans Lucas Bryant couple of hours last night. Kate came over at 6:00. We went to dinner at North Hills and then went to a toy store and had fun picking out Lucas's Christmas gifts. It was really nice - I'm finally starting to be able to relax when we go out because I know Lucas is okay and having a good time. Kate did have to call us 15min into our date, but it was for Tyson, not Lucas! She asked if Tyson had had dinner yet, as I heard Tyson barking his head off in the background. Tyson was totally taking advantage of the situation. We joked that Tyson was saying, in his tough voice, "Come on Kate, do you your job. You're babysitting me too. I'd like some chicken and steak, please."

A lot of our friends get out once a week. We're hoping to start doing this more because we really enjoyed ourselves. And it was fun to come home to this crazy guy...


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is a WONDERFUL idea Shan!
p.s. I like your new message. :)

Frances Katrin said...

Weekly Dates are so nice.... better than before you had Lucas. Because it means so much more!