Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Broccoli

Lucas's eating habits have kept me awake at night over the past few months. Until a couple of weeks ago I think more than half of his calories came from milk... at almost 2 years old! I worried about it and read about it, but the books say that you can't make them eat... all you can do is offer them food. Well just like every other phase that has consumed me with fear (like the t.v. phase) this too is passing. Tonight we went to dinner and he was asking for more and more chicken off of my plate (never has liked it before)... and I couldn't feed him the rest of his food fast enough. One thing I'm thankful for is that he likes vegetables just about as much as anything else (except for cake!). In this picture I had given him small pieces of broccoli, but he insisted on the "beeg" pieces on mama and dada's plate... and then he ate it like an ice cream cone.
When he's finished with his food he piles his glass and silverware on top of his plate, pushes it away from him, says "done" as he does the sign for "all done" and then tells Jeff "up please" as he does the signs for up and please.

"all done"

No comments: