Saturday, March 08, 2008

Cloth Diapers, take 3

We've gone back and forth with using cloth diapers, but now we've finally found something that works for us. When Lucas was an infant we tried a diaper service, but they didn't do well with where we lived and kept forgetting to pick up the dirty diapers (yuck!). I cancelled the service and bought some Mother-Ease diapers and washed them myself. It really wasn't that bad. Then Lucas started getting a bad rash around the legs and waistband. I tried everything, but finally decided that it wasn't working and went back to disposables. Several months later I was reminded of the diaper service because our little neighbor, Finn, uses them. I figured that they probably had more customers in this area and were less likely to forget about us, so we gave it another try. It took a few weeks to get in the groove, but now I really, really like them. Lucas's skin is so clear and clean. We still keep disposables around for certain outings or if I'm washing his covers, but I've found that the store brand is better to his skin than the Pampers or Huggies. I think the perfumes must not agree with his skin...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

He is so beautiful! Was this taken after his haircut?

Jennifer said...

I can't wait until Easter!