Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Saturday Night Treat

We had a strange Saturday where sleep is concerned. Lucas started acting tired around 11am, an hour early, so we ate lunch and started the nap routine. He said he wanted to go to mama and dada's bed, which was fine with me because I was exhausted. We laid in my bed for a few minutes, but then he popped up with a grin and asked me to read him a book. This could go on forever, so I told him to go ask dada to read it to him. So for the next 2 hours he ran back and forth between Jeff and me. I was drifting in and out of sleep, so he would just get really close to my face, grin, and whisper, "hi mama". I would usually try harder to get him to sleep, but I was so tired that I didn't care. Around 2pm I got out of bed and noticed that he was indeed ready for his nap, so I laid down with him in his bed and we both fell asleep for three hours. In summary, I was in bed from noon - 5pm on Saturday and it felt so great!
Anyway, we had dinner around 6:30 and then decided to go to North Hills for some ice cream since we knew Lucas would be staying up a little later than normal. Jeff got cookies and cream and I got the most chocolate ice cream, filled with chocolate chunks and nuts - yum! Lucas shared with both of us. The weather was nice and there were other folks out and about, so it was a good time sitting outside together eating our ice cream treat.

Later that night I convinced Jeff to let me straighten his hair with my new straightener. He looked like a rocker dude, but he said it was annoying because it was getting in his eyes. I'm glad he didn't like it... his wavy hair is one of my favorite things about his looks.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

FUNNY!! I forgot to tell you Shan, but if Jeff ever wants to leave you then Helen from work thinks he is "GORGEOUS"! Ha Ha
P.S. what did you have to do in order for him to let you do that? :)

Anonymous said...

I think his hair looks awesome! And I have to say, I love that you (a) forced him to let you do this and (b) blogged about it.