Tuesday, September 16, 2008

How things change...

It's funny how different things are the second time around. The first time we were pregnant we were SO consumed by planning for the actual delivery of the baby (we took a 12 week labor class). I didn't give much thought to what would happen when the baby came home with us. Now I am hardly thinking of the delivery and am kind of freaking out about what will happen when the baby comes home with us! Not to belittle child birth, but it only lasts 14-24 hours in most cases. I am planning on another medicine free delivery and am hoping that it works out, but STILL... only 1 day. I know now that the first few months will include around the clock feedings at best. That honestly didn't bother me at all with Lucas because I expected it and it was all I had to worry about. Now we have to do that, but also reserve enough energy to hang out with our first kiddo. And what if we have another baby that won't take a bottle, nurses for over two years (still going with Lucas) and still wakes up in the night sometimes? Yikes! How the heck has this been done before?

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Shanna - I found this new mommy blog and read this post and immediately thought of you:

http://mom-101.blogspot.com/2008/08/truth-about-two.html

Hope you're feeling good!!
-Kelly