Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Parade with Mama and Dada

We went to a parade in downtown Raleigh last week to celebrate the opening of a new civic center. It was one of the lamest parades that Jeff and I had ever seen, but Lucas didn't know the difference. He liked the horses and the candy throwing, but mostly enjoyed all of the people and the excitement. They threw lots of candy our way, but the other kids scooped it up before Lucas could get to it, so the only thing left for him was a piece of chewing gum. We didn't have the heart to tell him he couldn't have it, so we told him that it was like a sucker and you had to lick it. It was so cute to see him lick that piece of gum for the next 1/2 hour!


1st Piece of Gum

1 comment:

Frances Katrin said...

Wow! You sat right in front of my office building on the benches where I eat my lunch! Cool! Sorry the parade was lame. I promise the Christmas parade will be awesome!