Thursday, September 04, 2008

Water Talk

This morning in the car on the way to school (my "water" was a mix of water and lemonade)...

Lucas: "Water peas."

Mama: "Okay, here ya go."

Lucas, 10 seconds after the first sip: "Water peas."

Mama: Hand Lucas my cup again.

Lucas, as he hands the cup back to Mama: "Mama, dat lemonade."



Last night as I was rocking him to sleep... all in whispers...

Lucas: "Water peas." I hand him the glass of water.

Repeat at least 5 times in next 5 minutes.

Lucas: "Water peas."

Mama, tired of leaning over and picking up the water: "Lucas, it's all gone."

Lucas, after a few seconds of pondering my response: "Mama, go get more water."

1 comment:

Brittain... said...

Girl I am always trying to "trick" mine and they are too smart now. For example I always tell them chikfila is "out of cones", but now they spot the cones and say oh thera ARE cones. So now I have to say they are old, nasty cones...