Saturday, October 18, 2008

First Stage of Labor

The book that we got in our birth class with Lucas is coming in handy. It has a chart that describes each stage of labor, how you should feel, how you are probably acting, etc. I think that I am in or transitioning into the First Stage of Labor, but maybe am still in the Early First Stage. The next stage is Late First Stage of Labor and is when it becomes active and more intense. So this is going slow, but I think that's good. The contractions are becoming more intense, but nothing that serious. I mean, I can still blog : ) I feel great about it so far.

We've been doing a good job of keeping busy. We dropped off some stuff at Goodwill, boxes at the recycling place, books at the library and then went to the park so that Jeff could play with Lucas on the monkey bars. After that we came home for lunch... Sandy made Lucas and me whole wheat pasta and apples (Lucas also had turkey). Then I put Lucas down for his nap, went for a walk around the block with Sandy, and called the midwife. She said what I thought she would say... that I shouldn't come in until the contractions are about 5 min apart and very intense. I think after Lucas wakes up we will get ready and maybe drive to Mike and Jill's house. They live close to the hospital and the plan is for Lucas to stay with them so that Sandy can come to the hospital with us and be there when the baby is born (not in the room, but in the hospital like my mom was for Lucas).

What a great day to have a baby... it's about 60 degrees, overcast, and there are colorful leaves all over the streets and yards... very fall!

No comments: