Monday, October 27, 2008

Our first week with Ellen

Ellen is an angel baby... for now at least. I remember saying to Jeff early on with Lucas, "What's the big deal? This is easy." Haha... I've laughed at myself so many times since then for saying that so soon. So I'm on guard that Ellen may just be tired from the delivery, or maybe nature makes the first week easy so that the mother has time to heal. Either way, our first week with her has been wonderful. She is such a sweet, easy going little baby. When she is hungry, uncomfortable, or needs a diaper change she frets a little and wiggles around, so if we respond to her then she doesn't cry. The only time she cries is when she's hungry and I'm not available because I'm doing something with Lucas. The nights have been great so far. She sleeps right beside us and makes little noises every 3-4 hours to let us know she's hungry. After we change her she nurses and we fall back to sleep together. We all adore her!

4 comments:

Ali said...

she's so cute!!!

Jennifer said...

I wish you could see what we see. The top picture looks just like Mary!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shanna and Jeff, congratulations to the whole family on your sweet little girl. I hope everyone is doing well, and I'll keep checking the blog from time to time for more great pictures. Lucas is so cute, too. I'm sorry you guys moved away from BCCC. Best wishes, Dalila

Meg Boyd said...

So cute! You guys are doing a wonderful job parenting two.