Friday, October 10, 2008

You can learn a lot from a 2 yr old...

These are all new things that Lucas said or did yesterday... it's so fun to see him learning new things and figuring things out!

Story #1

Yesterday Lucas and I stopped for an ice cream treat after school. We got a kiddie scoop in a cup and were taking turns taking bites. They were tiny bites, so one time I put the spoon in my mouth upside down so that I could lick the spoon. Lucas looked at me and said, "Mama. Do it dis way." as he pretended that he was holding a spoon and moved his hand toward his mouth in the proper way... not upside down like I had just done.

Story #2

I painted my toenails red yesterday... one of the things on my to-do list before going into labor. When Lucas got home from school he got on his belly and examined the new color. Then he said, "Looks good mama. Like it."

Story #3

We were having eggs and toast this morning at the kitchen table. I noticed Lucas staring at Jeff and then he said, "Eat over da pate dada." Jeff, looking surprised, said, "Okay, thanks Lucas." After seeing Jeff take a couple more bites Lucas whispered, "dare ya go."

Story #4

Lucas: "scuse peas?" (may I be excused please?)
Mama: "Yes, Lucas, you may be excused. May I be excused please?"
Lucas: "sure." (cute because we had never heard him say "sure" before.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

They are so cute right now