Wednesday, February 22, 2006

33 Weeks Appointment

We had our second appointment with our new practice. We met with a midwife named Jill, who was great and we both liked. We have two more midwives to rotate through to make sure we see all four before the baby arrives. Our next appointment is in two weeks, and then we'll go every week for the last month (wow, the last month got here fast).

My b/p was 112/66 and my belly is measuring on track. They tested my iron levels and said that it is still a little low. It should be around 12, but was at 11.2 before and 10.9 now. Jill said it wasn't a big deal and to just try taking my iron supplement completely alone, instead of with my prenatal, which contains a small amout of calcium (blocks iron absorption).

Jill was feeling for the position of the baby when she pushed kind of hard on my lower abdomen to see if she could feel his head. She jumped back a little and laughed, saying that she must have grabbed his hand because she got punched. Today his head is down and his back and bottom push against my belly while his feet hang out on my right side.

I'm working from home this afternoon...about to take a 30 min nap with Tyson...

No comments: