Sunday, February 12, 2006

Eight weeks to go

We have T-minus eight weeks until Baby Schrades arrives. Are we ready?

Mentally? Yes. Logistically? Not really. I think we have learned enough in our Bradley class to deliver Baby Schrades if he were to come tomorrow (Shanna might not agree with that). But it would probably be a little stressful as we haven't really learned when to know that it's time to leave for the hospital. I know that if you see a head popping out, then it's too late to get in the car. On the other hand, you don't want to be a spaz and show up at the hospital after the first contraction.

Also, if he were to come tomorrow, he wouldn't have a finished nursery. The main obstacle there is going to be painting the walls, which I think we are going to do next week. I'm really looking forward to that. It's been about two weeks since I painted the attic, and I'm having withdrawal... We are also awaiting delivery of the crib, which should arrive close to the due date.

As far as baby supplies, I think we are close to having what we need (even though I really haven't gotten all the different pads and bouncers straight in my head). In the baby clothes department, I think we're set. In fact, Baby Schrades might be able to wear a different outfit every hour for his first 3 months.

The next Bradley class in on creating a birth plan... we'll keep you posted.

No comments: