Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Bradley Birth - Class #6

Last night's class was on Transition and the Second Stage of Labor, or the pushing stage. We opened the class by each of writing down five things that we thought that our partner had done well in preparing for the birth and one thing that they needed to improve on. Jeff gave me a list of compliments, and then told me that I needed to work on relaxing. I totally agree - I kind of have that feeling you have right before your wedding or other big event....like you just aren't ready so you can't sit still for one minute. I told Jeff that he needed to work on expanding out list of baby names. We have narrowed down our list but both say that we want to look through the books one more time before committing to anything.

The coach's tip was to take the labor one contraction at a time. I guess sometimes you can talk yourself into getting stressed out because the current pain is so bad that you convince yourself that the future pain has to be a lot worse...but it's not always true so no reason to worry about it.
Next week we talk about how to write a birth plan....

No comments: