Friday, February 24, 2006

You curl?

My bad last week. What can I say, I'm a blog slacker. I slack on the blogging. It's just who I am, what I do.

Shanna is doing great and all her measurements are on track. The nursery is coming along slowly, but I think we'll have it ready in a couple weeks, at which time we will post some pics. The doodoo brown color that we chose for the walls looks really good. After we finished painting, we noticed that it matched this Baby Gap bag that we have almost perfectly. Completely unintentional and not necessarily cool, but I think it validates the color as baby compatible, which ultimately means that I won't have to repaint it.

My mom is in town for Shanna's baby shower on Saturday. I'm playing some golf as it's supposed to be really nice tomorrow. Other than that, I'm not sure what's on tap for the weekend. If nothing else, I've got The 40 Year-Old Virgin from Netflix and I've heard good things.

Has anyone been watching the curling matches in the Winter Olympics this year? Is it just me or do these guys take themselves way too seriously? I really think I could start training in a couple of years and be an Olympic curler for the 2010 Games. From what I can tell there are three essential skills required to be a champion curler: 1) sliding a rock while appearing to concentrate as if you are performing brain surgery, 2) yelling "HARD" as loud as humanly possible in a Canadian accent - regardless of what country you are from , and 3) scrubbing the floor. I guess #3 requires the most athletic ability, but calling these guys athletes would be like calling professional bass fishermen athletes. And any sport where previous experience as a janitor gives you an advantage is not really a sport is it? So yeah, I'm going to crack open some Budweiser and play some shuffleboard - Vancouver 2010 here I come.


"HAyRD!!"

No comments: