Thursday, February 16, 2006

Just this past week, in my opinion, we reached the stage of looking and feeling really pregnant. My belly is tight in maternity shirts that used to fit loosely, you can see where my belly button is (although not an outy yet), and I may have the beginnings of a slight waddle.

Yesterday at the gym I was about to pick up some 10lb weights (not heavy) and the girl next to me offered to get them for me. Then at the grocery store I dropped a few pennies on the floor and another customer rushed over to pick them up for me (I told her to just leave them for the kids, but she insisted).

The books say Baby Schrades is now a little over 19 inches long and weighs a little over 4 lbs. I can tell he's gotten bigger because he is putting a little pressure on my ribs. I really can't imagine how big and heavy he will feel when he gains a few more lbs, but the bigger he gets the easier it is to feel him move, which is still so cool. Most of the time we can feel something hard right under my rib cage, which we think is the small of his back (??). And then we'll usually feel what we think is a knee or a foot brush the surface a few times a day.

This week feels like spring in Raleigh, but of course this weekend the high is 40 and it will be rainy. Jeff can hopefully play some golf tomorrow before he starts painting the nursery on Saturday. Sandy is coming next weekend and we want her to see it painted.....

1 comment:

Meg Boyd said...

Wow...you look great!!!! Your class sounds great... It is so important to keep an open mind about your labor and delivery....it is the best way to make sure you aren't disappointed! Enjoy the last few weeks of being pregnant and soak up all the attention...believe me when the little one comes they forget about you...hehehehe!!!