Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Great Time with SaSa

SaSa came and visited us last Thursday through Sunday. It was SO GREAT. Lucas quickly re-bonded with her and so I got some time to unpack, go to a movie with Jeff, and even take a 2 hour nap one day.
It seems like most of our time was spent eating or preparing to eat. SaSa has a sweet tooth like me, so we made a few stops at the coffee shop and got some pastries a few times as little treats. The NC State Farmer's Market is close by, so we loaded up on fruit and veggies and just enjoyed eating really good food. SaSa even made us blackberry cobbler. Hmmm, wish I had some of that right now.
When Jeff and I came home from our date night we found Lucas and SaSa in her bedroom, camped out watching Baby Einstein. Lucas had been deprived for a week because we hadn't hooked up the DVD player yet. SaSa hooked it up for him and made a little pallet on the floor for them. She propped up a pillow and told Lucas that that was his spot. When I walked in on them he was as limp as a noodle on that pillow - don't see him that relaxed very often! SaSa's room was upstairs, so now he goes to the bottom of the stairs and does the sign for "more" as he looks up the stairs. Kristin let him climb the stairs today and thought he was coming to Jeff and me, but instead he went right into SaSa's room and pointed at the t.v. I know he loves those DVDs, but I bet he also misses cuddling with SaSa!
Baby Einstein Slumber Party


Relaxing with SaSa

A wagon ride with SaSa

No comments: