Monday, July 02, 2007

Mary Poppins, are you out there?

I guess all good things must come to an end. Kristin is getting married at the end of August and told us last week that she has decided that she wants to stay home and not work anymore. Her husband wants her to stay home and she says she still wants to work. I think the straw that broke the camel's back was that the drive, with her move and our's, has increased from 3 min to 35 min. I can't say I really blame her. So, the search is on for a new nanny for Lucas. Gina and Kristin have raised the bar really high for this next nanny. I have several interviews later this week. Here is the ad that I posted on Craigslist. Wish us luck!


Craigslist Ad

Hello! My husband and I are looking for a nanny to care for our 17 month old son. We will be moving near 5 Points in a few weeks and our current nanny will only be able to stay with us through mid-August.

Here are some things that may help you decide if we may be a good fit for you.

- we're open to having you bring your child to our home

- both my husband and I work from home, but we'll be working upstairs and won't be involved much if you are only working 4 hours in the morning.

- my husband and I are laid back and not very schedule oriented.

- our style of parenting is Attachment Parenting, which just means, among other things, that we are very responsive to our son, we respect his requests, we discipline with love and caring, I still nurse him, and he sleeps with us. I'm listing these things because I interviewed a nanny this weekend that had very different beliefs about how to raise a child, which was okay, but I think that if we are different in these fundamental ways then we are probably not a good fit.

- we are teaching our son a few signs so that he can communicate more easily with us and his other caregivers. He can sign: more, eat, thank you, ball, mama, daddy, nanny, please, all done, bath, and a few more that we find help with day to day activities.

- he loves to play outside, go to park, go to museum, go to library. We have 3 parks within walking distance and a library and museum within short driving distance. I would want to to get to know the nanny first, but eventually would be okay with driving short distances.

- we have a 15lb shih tzu that you'll love. he doesn't shed, so don't worry about allergies. you won't need to care for him.

- we have a fenced in backyard.

- our son will have eaten breakfast by the time you arrive, but will need a snack mid-morning

- our son is walking/running. there's still a little baby in him, but he's pretty much a toddler

- we're looking for someone who can commit for a year or more

- we are looking for someone that can enrich our son's life, love him, laugh with him, play with him, and did I say love him? :-)

If our family sounds like a good fit, please email me at the address above. We look forward to having you around!

1 comment:

Frances Katrin said...

I'll send you my resume right away!