Wednesday, April 16, 2008

3rd Morning of School

Lucas cried this morning for the first time : (

The morning was going really well and he seemed excited about going to school again today. When we got out of the car his new friend Nicholas was also arriving and Nicholas asked Lucas if he wanted to walk in together and hold hands. Lucas said, "no" and wrapped his arms around my neck. Then when we walked into the room there were 3 other kids being dropped off, so it was congested and one of the kids was crying. I think it was just a little overwhelming for him. He asked to nurse so we went on the porch for about 5 min. He then said he wanted to go see the bunny, so we went back inside. He wanted to be there, but he didn't want me to leave. Mr. Len came to see us and suggested that I hand Lucas to him. I was torn about whether I should nurse him again on the porch or just say good-bye. It was a quick decision, but I thought that if we kept going out on the porch that it would make it harder on him. I gave him a hug and told him that I loved him and handed him over. He started crying with such a sad face as soon as I did, but I just smiled and told him to have a good day as I walked away. I felt horrible!!! I glued my ear to the door once I got on the porch to see if he was still crying. I couldn't hear him anymore, but I wanted to be sure so I waited for another mom to arrive and asked her to give me an update. She came out and said that he was eating breakfast and laughing with the other kids. The teacher called 1 min later and told me that he stopped crying as soon as I left and was totally fine. It made me feel better to know that he was fine, but I still felt like a trader for dumping him when he was crying. I'm such a softie. Only 6 hours until I can go pick him up!

No comments: