Friday, April 11, 2008

Where have we been?

Hello! So it's been about 10 days since our last post and you are wondering if we fell off the face of the earth. Well, we almost did... at least it has felt like it! On Monday, April 1st, I had a scratchy throat that quickly turned into what I was sure was the flu. I had aches and pains, fever of 102 and was nauseous. I laid in bed for 4 days before my fever broke, but after the fever came the cough from hell. I was coughing so badly that I couldn't catch my breath and the drainage was making me my belly hurt even more. By this time I had lost 5lbs. The day before this cough came on Lucas woke up with a fever. This couldn't have happened at a worse time because his 2nd birthday was on Friday, April 4th and my 31st was on Saturday, April 5th. The day before Lucas's birthday we made the decision to postpone his party until the next week. His actual birthday and my birthday came and went without much of a celebration. Lucky for us Jeff didn't get sick until today, so he was healthy and was able to take care of us. Lucas and I laid on the couch for 5 days while he brought us soup, crackers, water and ginger ale. He did all of the cooking and cleaning last week by himself. I think I'll scream if I have to watch another episode of Baby Einstein, The Wiggles, or Finding Nemo anytime soon, but we were able to get 2 movies in over the weekend. It rained and rained and rained all wknd, so it ended up being great that we canceled the party. Another great thing is that we never just veg out and watch movies all wknd without doing chores at the same time, so it was really nice to reconnect and just hang out all wknd. It certainly reminded me of how lucky I am to be married to Jeff!

Today was the first day that I felt almost better... just in time for Jeff to get sick! Lucas's party is tomorrow and we aren't sure if he's going to go or not. We're hoping he gets a good night's sleep and can suck it up for an hour or so in the morning. He doesn't have a fever yet, so that's a good sign.

There's nothing like being sick to make you realize how wonderful it is to be healthy! Thanks for thinking of us... we're back!

No comments: