Thursday, October 27, 2005

Are babies as expensive as puppies?

Our little punkin' cost about $300. He was cheaper than his brother and sister because his brother had more symmetrical coloring, which means he'd be a better show dog, and females are more expensive because you can breed them. We were just saying the other day how we got such a good deal. Who wouldn't pay $300 for their best friend? Then we laughed because we realized that that was just the entry fee. I read somewhere that owning a dog cost about $13,000 over the dog's life. I wouldn't argue with that. We love it that Tyson doesn't shed, but in exchange he gets to go to the spa every few months for a haircut. This morning I called for an appointment and they said that he is due for his annual vaccines and can't come to the spa until he gets them. So my next call was to the vet to schedule a 5pm appointment for today (so much for working out, cooking dinner, or cleaning the house before our 7pm HOA mtg). With all this said, however, we would gladly pay anything to keep our little friend healthy and happy...just like anyone lucky enough to have a dog.

Tyson's Brother, Sister, and Tyson
10wks old

(date should be Nov, 2003)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hi Shanna:
I got your message. Congrats on your little boy! I love to check your blog too :) I think the bella band would still fit, but I have found that maternity pants are more comfortable now, so I've sort of stopped wearing it. But it was a lifesaver for those in-between weeks!
Take care,
Kelly