Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Second Trimester Energy

I think it's finally here. It wasn't a sudden change. In a 5:30 yoga class yesterday, however, I realized that I felt good and felt like being healthy and active again. Pre-pregnancy, like most girls thinking of getting pregnant, I did everything right as far as nutrition and exercise. I even stopped eating chocolate in fear that the caffeine would be too much for the baby. Once the nausea hit, however, I could easily talk myself into having chocolate ice cream for dinner, and I was sure that a 2 hour nap was better for me than a trip to the gym. Now I can eat whatever I want, including chicken and spinach, and look forward to exercise. So there hasn't been a moment that I haven't loved being pregnant, but now it's getting more exciting. The icky feelings have gone away and every morning it's fun to see if Baby Schrades has grown enough overnight to call for maternity clothes....although friends say it will be another month or so until we get there.

No comments: