Thursday, October 06, 2005

Are you pregnant?

Last night a stranger asked me if I was pregnant. I was so happy that someone thinks I look like a pregnant mommy. Here's the story....

We (yes, I somehow dragged Jeff along on a shopping related errand) went to Target. We need a new fan for our bedroom, so we were in the fan section, which is also where the air purifiers are located. This very nice lady that was shopping asked us if we also had alergies. We said no, that we were shopping for a fan. Then she told us which one she thought was the best and how she knows best because her kids have allergies, but they still have 3 cats (huh?). Then (here's the point) she said she saw me rubbing my belly and asked me if I was expecting. Yay! Anyway, she then asked us both where we worked, if I was going to continue working after the baby came, etc. ----> Cut over to what Jeff was doing: Jeff had already figured out that this lady was a scam artist, probably Quixtar or Amway, and had walked away from the scene. I mean, who is that nice and interested in a total stranger? He comes back to save me and says that they don't have what we need. The lady introduces herself to me, and then looks to Jeff to get his name...but he had already dis'ed her by turning his back and walking away...

We're sure that she followed us to that section of the store and was not really shopping for herself. She didn't look at a fan the whole time we stood there. We are pros at picking up on these people now. We used to hang out at Barnes and Noble and would overhear their cheesy pick-up lines all the time.

1 comment:

Brittain... said...

When are you coming home again so we can see the belly?