Friday, October 21, 2005

Brilliant Kids

Over the past week, I witnessed three outstanding kids that have me looking forward to fatherhood:

First, there was the future pilot that wasn't paying attention and walked straight into a brick wall outside of Lowe's. He wasn't moving fast, but I think the impact scared him and he started crying. His mom comforted him and told him it was OK, but I think we might be seeing him in an all-day helmet pretty soon. To his credit, the wall was not that massive.

Next was the little girl at the restaurant who decided to play "look what I found" under the table after dinner. Perhaps a future leader in archaeological excavation, she uncovered a missing fork and a used napkin. She then proceeded to conduct a field test on the napkin do determine its history. Her parents told her to "get that napkin away from your face", but they were still proud.

Last but not least, the neighborhood girl that left a Halloween note on our other neighbor, Lynn's door. I've tried to recreate the note as accurately as possible:


I think it was supposed to say something like "You've been spooked. Spook someone else!" in a light-hearted, Halloween spirit kind of way. Instead, the crappy, deranged stalker-quality of the note freaked Lynn out and had her contemplating the installation of an alarm system. Good job honey.

Until next time....

1 comment:

Jen said...

You need your own column in a magazine. You keep me coming back for more!